Member Content. We may, in the Society’s sole discretion, make available forums and materials where Members and others can share content with other Members (including without limitation, the “Insights and Research” and “Page Turner Blog” sections where you will be able to post publications authored by you). You are solely responsible for any content that you upload, post, display or otherwise provide to the Web site (“Member Content”). You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Member Content posted by you on the Web site or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth herein; (ii) all opinions expressed are genuinely held by you; (iii) you will not post any content that is libelous, defamatory or invades any privacy or publicity rights of any third party; or is abusive, vulgar, hateful, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable; or infringes any copyright, trademark, service mark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligation; and (iv) the posting of your Member Content on the Web site does not result in a breach of any contract between you and a third party. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees and other monies owing to any person by reason of any Member Content you post on the Web site.
Some examples of prohibited Member Content include content that:
- Is offensive to the Member community, such as content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Harasses or encourages harassment of another person;
- Involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or spam mail;
- Promotes information that you know to be false or misleading, or promotes illegal activity or conduct that is abusive, inflammatory, tortuous, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- Promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work;
- Displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- Solicits personal information about or from any other Member;
- Violates or encourages the violation of any law, rule, regulation, ordinance or other requirement to which you or we are subject; and
- Engages in commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising and pyramid schemes.
By supplying Member Content to the Web site, you automatically grant to us, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to so grant, an irrevocable, transferable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid up, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, reproduce, display, and distribute such information and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such content, and to authorize our sublicensees to do any of the foregoing for any purpose, in any media, including without limitation, on our Web site and social media websites. Additionally, we shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in your Member Content for any purpose whatsoever, including without limitation, promotional materials and developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services which incorporate such content.
All opinions expressed in Member Content are those of the individual authors or commentators and do not necessarily represent the views or policies of the Arthur W. Page Society.
Fees. There is no fee or cost in order for you to register an Account. However, you will be charged the standard membership fee as set forth in your Membership Agreement with the Society.
The Society makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the Web site, including without limitation, that the functions contained in the Web site or any Content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Web site or the server that makes it available is free of viruses or other harmful components. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE WEB SITE AND ALL SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSES AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
The Society reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Web site for any reason without notice, including, without limitation, virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control, including, without limitation, anything that affects the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of this Initiative.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Notice. We are committed to complying with copyright and related laws, and we require all users of the Web site to comply with these laws. Accordingly, you may not store any material or content on, or disseminate any material or content over, the Web site in any manner that constitutes an infringement of third party intellectual property rights, including rights granted by copyright law. Owners of copyrighted works who believe that their rights under copyright law have been infringed may take advantage of certain provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) to report alleged infringements. It is our policy in accordance with the DMCA and other applicable laws to reserve the right to terminate the rights of any user to access the Web site if any such user is either found to infringe third party copyright or other intellectual property rights, including repeat infringers, or who we believe, in our sole discretion, is infringing these rights. Any user who feels that content posted by another Member is objectionable or infringing is encouraged to contact us immediately. Upon our receipt of a proper notice (please see the section immediately below labeled, “Infringement of Your Rights”) of claimed infringement under the DCMA, we will respond expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the material claimed to be infringing and will follow the procedures specified in the DMCA to resolve the claim between the notifying party and the alleged infringer who provided the content in issue. Our designated agent (i.e., the proper party) to whom you should address such notice is listed below.
Notice of Infringement of Your Rights. If you believe that content that you or a third party owns has been used on the Web site in a way that violates your or someone else’s copyright or other intellectual property rights, please provide us with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Web site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in your report is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
Our designated agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
By mail: 230 Park Avenue, Suite 455, New York, NY 10169
By Phone: 212-400-7959
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Access. The Web site is provided from the United States of America and all servers that make it available reside in the U.S.A. The laws of other countries may differ regarding the access and use of the Web site. The Society makes no representations regarding the legality of the Web site in any other country and it is your responsibility to ensure that your use complies with all applicable laws outside of the U.S.A.
Notices and Contact Information. We may give you notice of certain events from time to time and may be required by state or federal law to notify you of certain events. You hereby acknowledge and consent that such notices will be effective upon our posting them on the Web site or (if we choose to do so in our sole discretion) delivering them to you through email if you have provided us with your accurate email address.
If you have questions or comments for us, please send them to: Susan Chin, email@example.com, 230 Park Avenue, Suite 455, New York, NY 10169